Review of Quota Application
In JARDS, all RDS space requests from Coscine are validated and reviewed. The following instructions apply to quota admins of Coscine.
Notification: new storage request
- Information about a new storage request is made by receiving an email/service ticket with subject [JARDS/Coscine].
- Login to JARDS and navigate to Coscine TEC 2022 via the top menu bar under "Category".
- In the table that opens, complete the following steps:
Open the application
- Under "Application documents", click on "Current application to review".
- Application opens in new tab (see Figure 1, item 1.)
- Under "Reviewers" -> select "modify" (see Figure 1, item 2).
- In Reviewer Assignment, select & inform the appropriate reviewer(s) from the table.
- Check the box "Reviewer & Inform" in the table.
- Click on "Save & Inform" below the table
- E-mail interface opens
- Select mail template "Coscine Review Invitation
- Select Mail Form (jards-...)
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and click "inform" (=email has been sent)
- Navigate to "Your applications to review in Coscine TEC 2022" (bottom of page see Figure 1, item 3.))
- Click on "edit review": Technical Review page opens
- Fill in fields 1-4 and "Total result" based on application form
- in case of open issues (e.g. unclear representation of metadata management)
- communicate via the corresponding service ticket/email with the requestor until all information is available, note status as comment (see below)
- Report results of communication incl. Service Ticket Nr in the Technical Review under "Comment to coordination office" (e.g. "After consultation with the researcher, the EngMeta profile will be used").
- Note agreements with researchers regarding changes in the "Comment to coordination office".
- If there are several reviewers, fill in "Feedback for the applicant (to improve the quality of future applications)".
- Check the box "Technical Review Completed
- Click on "save" to save the review
Optional: Fill in checklist
- Navigate to "Checklist" (see figure 1, item 4.)
- Fill in relevant items - especially important in case of longer application processes and need for substitution
- Click on "add" under "Comments" (see figure 1, point 4.)
- enter comment & select "visible for admins
- important for internal communication about the status of the request (example: service ticket with queries in circulation)
Approve / reject request
- under "Actions" click on "approve": Set Data Project Approval page opens
If the request was created by a member outside RWTH, "mark received" must be checked off under "Actions".
- short check of the tables: & Scientific reviews
- Application data for XYZ: Data correct, Required Quota, Comments (etc.)?
- Technical reviews: Technical Review performed by all reviewers?
- Scientific reviews: only necessary for applications > 125 TB
- Enter quota: Aprvd. resources (GB)
- Enter time period: Project start: day of approval; Project end: 10 years after approval.
- Insert GUID of project from quota admin page (see Allocation of storage space) into "Local Project ID" field
- select "save & approve" (ignore warning -> click yes)
- email interface opens
- select mail template "Coscine - Granting storage space
- select mail form (jards-...)
- Customize the mail with storage space and resource type (e.g. 312 GB storage space for RWTH-RDS-S3 resources)
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and click "inform" (=E-Mail has been sent)
Warning Mail sending failed to mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on application 1234 Please contact email@example.com ignore - the email was sent, work is in progress to fix the error message.
- For instructions see Allocation of storage space.
RWTH: Close service ticket
- For RWTH requests, enter "Quota request granted via JARDS" in ticket.
- Close ticket
If a JARDS application from a previous year is to be processed, the corresponding year must be selected at the top left in JARDS.