There are two ways to register on Coscine: Through a participating university or ORCID.
Login to Coscine
- Go to the Coscine homepage at https://coscine.rwth-aachen.de/
- Click the “Login” button on the right side
- Select a Login method:
- Sign in with ORCID (recommended for external project partners)
- Institutional account
- Proceed with the instructions for the login method you have selected (see below)
In order to keep the overview and to use ORCID and the Sign-On method equally, you should link your accounts in your user profile Link to instructions. This way you can continue to access your project even if you change institutes or universities.
Login with participating institution
As a member of a participating university, you have the option to log in via Shibboleth. After selecting a participating organization, you will be redirected to the university's single sign-on page. Log in with your user credentials. After successful login, you will be redirected to the Coscine dashboard.
Login via ORCID
This option is helpful for external project partners without Single Sign-On. The ORCiD (Open Researcher and Contributor iD) is a free ID for researchers with which they can uniquely link their publications, research data and other products of the research process (e.g. research software).
- After the selection of the option "Login with ORCID" you will be redirected to [https://orcid.org/signin] for registration (see figure below)
- Here you need to log in with your ORCID credentials
- You will then be redirected to the Coscine dashboard and are logged in
When registering via ORCID, personal data such as the e-mail address is not automatically transferred to Coscine. Please enter them in the user profile (see Personal Data).